This book is a summary of selected experimental and theoretical research performed over the last 19 years that gives profound and unambiguous evidence for low energy nuclear reactions (LENR), historically known as cold fusion.
In 1989, the subject was announced with great fanfare, to the chagrin of many people in the science community. However, the significant claim of its discoverers, Martin Fleischmann and Stanley Pons, excess heat without harmful neutron emissions or strong gamma radiation, involving electrochemical cells using heavy water and palladium, has held strong.
In recent years, LENR, within the field of condensed matter nuclear science, has begun to attract widespread attention and is regarded as a potential alternative and renewable energy source to confront climate change and energy scarcity. The aim of the research is to collect experimental findings for LENR in order to present reasonable explanations and a conclusive theoretical and practical working model.
The goal of the field is directed toward the fabrication of LENR devices with unique commercial potential demonstrating an alternative energy source that does not produce greenhouse gases, long-lived radiation or strong prompt radiation. The idea of LENR has led to endless discussions about the kinetic impossibility of intense nuclear reactions with high coulomb barrier potential. However, recent theoretical work may soon shed light on this mystery.
Understanding this process is one of the most challenging and perhaps important issues in the scientific world. This book includes previously unpublished studies, new and controversial theories to approach LENR with access to new sources and experimental results. The book offers insight into this controversial subject and will help readers re-evaluate their perspective on LENR for a possible alternative energy source.
420 pages; ISBN13: 978-0-8412-6966-8 ISBN10: 0-8412-6966-1
About the Editors
Jan Marwan, who built up his own research laboratory in Berlin, Germany, to deeply investigate cold fusion processes, is a specialized electrochemist and focused his research on the electrochemical properties of metal hydride systems.
Steven B. Krivit is the editor of the New Energy Times online magazine and Executive Director of New Energy Institute. He has been the lead journalist investigating the LENR field for the last eight years.
Contributing Authors and Papers:
- Chubb, Scott R., "Resonant Electromagnetic Interaction in Low Energy Nuclear Reactions," Research Systems Inc., 9822 Pebble Weigh Ct., Burke, VA
- De Ninno, Antonella, Del Giudice, Emilio, Frattolillo, Antonio, "Excess Heat and Calorimetric Calculation Evidence of Coherent Nuclear Reactions in Condensed Matter at Room Temperature," ENEA, Centro Ricerche Frascati, C.P. 65 – 00044 Frascati, Roma, Italy INFN Milano – Via Celoria 16, 20133 Milano, Italy
- Fleischmann, Martin, "Background to Cold Fusion: The Genesis of a Concept," Bury Lodge, Duck Street, Tisbury, Salisbury, Wilts., SP3 6LJ, U.K.
- Hagelstein, Peter L. and Chaudhary, Irfan U., "Models Relevant to Excess Heat Production in Fleischmann-Pons Experiments," Research Laboratory of Electronics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139 USA
- Krivit, Steven B., "Low Energy Nuclear Reactions—The Emergence of Condensed Matter Nuclear Science," Editor, New Energy Times, 369-B Third Street #556, San Rafael, CA, 94901
- Letts, Dennis, Cravens, Dennis and Hagelstein, Peter L. , "Thermal Changes in Palladium Deuteride Induced by Laser Beat Frequencies," 12015 Ladrido Lane, Austin, TX 78727 USA ,  P.O. Box 1317, Cloudcroft, NM 88317 USA ,  MIT, Cambridge, MA 02139 USA
- Li, X. Z., Wei, Q.M. and Liu, B., "An Approach to Nuclear Energy Without Strong Nuclear Radiation," Department of Physics, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
- Marwan, Jan, "Study of the Nanostructured Palladium Hydride System," Dr Marwan Chemie, Rudower Chaussee 29, 12489 Berlin, Germany
- McKubre, M. C. H. , Tanzella, F. L. , Dardik, I. , El Boher, A. , Zilov, T. , Greenspan, E. , Sibilia, C.  and Violante, V. , "Replication of Condensed Matter Heat Production,"  SRI International, Menlo Park, CA, USA,  Energetics LLC, Califon, NJ, USA,  Energetics Technologies, Omer, Israel,  Energetics Technologies and U.C. Berkeley, CA, USA,  University di Roma “La Sapienza”, Rome, Italy,  ENEA Centro Ricerche Frascati, Frascati, Italy
- Miles, Melvin H.  and Fleischmann, Martin , "Accuracy of Isoperibolic Calorimetry Used in a Cold Fusion Control Experiment," Department of Chemistry, University of LaVerne, LaVerne, CA 91750,  Bury Lodge, Duck Street, Tisbury, Salisbury, Wilts SP3 6LJ, U.K
- Miley, George H. and Shrestha, Prajakti J., "Transmutation Reactions and Associated LENR Effects in Solids," Department of Nuclear, Plasma and Radiological Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801
- Mizuno, Tadahiko, "Transmutation Reactions in Condensed Matter Laboratory of Nuclear and Environmental Materials," Graduate School of Engineering, Hokkaido University
- Mosier-Boss, Pamela A. , Szpak, Stanislaw , Gordon, Frank E.  and Forsley, Lawrence P.G. , "Detection of Energetic Particles and Neutrons Emitted During Pd/D Co-Deposition," SPAWAR Systems Center San Diego, Code 230, San Diego, CA 92152, JWK International Corp., Annandale, VA 22003
- Storms, Edmund, "How to Explain Cold Fusion?", Energy K. Systems, Santa Fe, NM, 87501
- Takahashi, Akito and Yabuuchi, Norio, "Study on 4D/TSC Condensation Motion by Non-Linear Langevin Equation," High Scientific Research Laboratory, Marunouchi 24-16, Tsu, Mie, 514-0033, Japan
- Vysotskii, Vladimir I. , Tashyrev, Alexandr B.  and Kornilova, Alla A. , "Experimental Observation and Modeling of Cs-137 Isotope Deactivation and Stable Isotopes Transmutation in Biological Cells," Kiev Shevchenko University, Kiev, Ukraine,  Kiev Institute of Microbiology, Kiev, Ukraine,  Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia